Focus. Focus. Focus. I have so much to do, so much I need to do, that I feel frozen. Where and how do I a start? You would think that after ten years of running my own business I would have a neatly organized system to keep me in line and on track with my goals…
I do have a system. It’s called BRAIN DUMP. I wake up each morning with a head that is constipated. I can’t do anything besides drink coffee until I clear my head of all it is filled with. I make a simple list. Here, let me show you. This is what my mind is boggled with now.
- Kati and Larry wedding 3:00. Check on shipment. Confirm. Slideshow.
- Sara 11 am tomorrow. Finalize and confirm.
- Taxes- late take the time Amber
- Bank- accounting
- Gym- Go as soon as you are done with this. You keep putting it off. #TeamErin
- Gift Certificates- Anna and Emily- Process and confirm
- Out of asthma meds. Need to schedule with doctor.
- 3:30 photo shoot Friday with Gina baby. Confirm
- Daphne need to schedule
- wedding album design- 10 hours Jenny and Dean
- Jenny and Dean wedding… deadline approaching. 20 hours full production
- Slideshow Jaime and Jesse. Send family picture… wooden thumb drive… check status
- Woods shipment arriving. Sort, Package, deliver today.
- Proofing orders TWO in line for immediate. Sara Mikael
- Jarman portrait order- Edit email to confirm revision
- Need to line up an assistant for Sunday Photoshoot
- Nguyen order: FINISH TODAY and touch base
- Slideshow- Emily
- Website- Need to resign my splash page
- Letter of intent and confirmation to LUFC.
- Blogging position… send resume
- Tuesday next week. Confirm appointment with writer Kathy E. Gill
- Writing lead- follow up with Char’s grandmother
- PHOTOGRAPHY LIGHT- need to fix TODAY
- Rubber chicken tank top and tees
- Christine.. touch base. Her appointment is coming up for the girls
- Amber K… plans Friday?
- Seahawks play tomorrow. #bluefriday #12
- What do we have for food?
- Touch base with Sapphire. She is coming home today. When?
- Burgie.. call him before it is too late..
- REBATE- mail the rebate for the computer before it is no longer an option
- Read for twenty minutes
- Monday morning teeth cleaning… 11am? Confirm and time block for travel.
- Brenda. Touch base and make plans.
- Nails with Emily #Jamberry
- laundry- I need clean clothes. What am I wearing today and when.
- Clean Photography studio. Prep for appointments.
- Oxygen Magazine Fitness Challenge. #remember
- Set up meeting with Zarak
- Kristin V- set up a tea date
- Tara… her wedding is coming up. Touch base. Send love.
- Amber Gold. I missed her birthday. I suck
- Ivy Keep Collective
- Mikeal Friday 6pm Confirm and proof.
- Sync Calendar
- FIVVR outsource editing
- Michelle M- Wedding Flowers. Set up a meeting
- Birthdays… Josh and Kai
- Dad- pay him half of what is owed.
- Bills. What is due?
- I need to clean the kitchen.
- I need to eat.
- Direct Selling education videos. Listen to them while you edit.
- Why do I feel like I am forgetting something?
- Oh yeah.. I need to write a blog about being a faceblind artist.
After I create my brain dump list I cab further organize the structure by using a process called time blocking. I will admit that I do not often make a time block plan. I find that when I do something always comes up to alter the planned course. I prefer to save myself the time. I scan my brain dump list instead, tackling the easiest things first, so that I can have more to cross off as success.
About the author: #AmberGaribay
Amber has been a professional photographer for more than a decade.
She owns and is the creative force of A Smile Like Yours Photography,
in the smallish town of Lacey, Washington.
Amber is also an investor. She is currently involved in two direct selling businesses:
Amber is also a social media savant, though her etiquette is a bit compulsive.
She uses Facebook like a Twitter feed. Feel free to send her a friend request.
Facebook is her vision board. By vision, she means to make $10 million.
E-BOOKS COMING SOON #trending
If you would like to join forces with Amber send her an email @ email@example.com